Sunday, March 10, 2013

weekend walk - paris dreamer


Saturday morning as the shutters went up in our apartment, we were pleasantly surprised to see clear blue skies for miles. So we headed up to Montmartre for a change from our left-bank walk. We did a lot of the traditional tourist spots in the area, which I never mind because given how often we go, I count us as tourists. Unlike most trips up the hill, we also visited some less-known sites, little village-like winding streets that make you feel like you're miles away from Paris. One of my favorite things about this city is its ability to surprise you, always. There are charming corners hiding in unexpected corners, and when the sun is out, they seem ever-so majestic. 
The sun was most welcome on Saturday afternoon - my dad was in town and we had a great time roaming, exploring, tasting, playing and just having a generally laid-back walk.
Every time I go to Montmartre, I think of how much history the neighborhood holds - I love dreaming of the past, where cafés were full of artists and writers living and creating the art we still enjoy today. Even though it's so changed today, the bustling cafés, quaint little shops and boutiques kind of make me think some things remain the same. 















1 comment:

  1. amazing photos amazing blog please check my blog and follow me back if you like it :*

    ReplyDelete