Here are the rules:
1. 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answers to the 11 questions the person who nominated you has provided.
3. Provide new questions for bloggers you nominate the award to.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate the award, and link their blogs.
5. Contact each blogger via whatever network you like and let them know you have nominated them.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
First, eleven facts about me:
1. I am five feet tall - not an inch, not a centimeter more. It took me a while to get used to the smallness, but I love the fact that I can prance around in 5-6 inch heels without feeling like I'm about to topple over, and the best part, I can travel long distances comfortably in economy!
2. I speak three languages fluently - English and Spanish since words started coming out of my mouth and French since my early 20's. (I thought I'd learn the language before crossing the pond, and being in France permanently is the best way to keep the French flowing smoothly)
3. I'm left-handed. But only for writing. I can't hold a scissor or a knife in my left hand to save my life.
4. I prefer to write on paper than to type on a keyboard. (I wrote these facts on paper first)
5. I make lists of everything - songs I like and want to download, books I want to read, books I've read and liked, things I want to buy at the grocery store, things I want to buy in general ... I like looking at them after things have happened to compare the befores and afters.
6. Sometimes I wonder if everything I'm living is a dream, and if I were to wake up, what my life would be like. Speaking of dreams, I can remember my dreams almost every morning. Sometimes I think of them all day and they really affect my moods.
7. If I could, I would change my nail polish every single day.
8. Sometimes I think I might not be living life to the fullest.
9. I often dream of having a huge house in the country side with dark wood floors and dress in white all the time.
10. I've been living in Paris for almost five years and there are parts of the city I have yet to discover. A colleague of someone I know spends his weekends with a map of the city and walk down streets he's never been down. This is a habit I wouldn't mind adopting.
11. I am a middle child. I love my siblings dearly and I believe in middle child syndrome.
Here are the answer to Ali & Vic's questions:
1. What's your favourite Disney movie?
I’m from Florida, so this is a difficult one to answer having grown up with Disney World in my backyard. For cartoon Disney movies from my childhood, I’ll go with The Little Mermaid; later in my childhood, I’d have to say the Toy Story trilogy (the third one especially) and finally in the non-cartoon category, The Parent Trap, no doubt about it!
2. What's the one make-up item you can't live without?
Chapstick, probably. Every kind is my favorite kind – pharmacy brands like Amilab and Bioderma are definitely must-haves in my purse in the winter. I also like more novelty ones like Maybelline Baby Lips, which has become a recent favorite.
3. Favourite colour?
Green? Even though it’s the color I probably own the least things in.
4. Favourite book/books?
When I was in sixth grade, I read Susan Creech’s Bloomability and I think it changed my life in that it made me want to go out and explore the world. I had already been on several trips abroad with my parents, but this book made me want to conquer the world literally. It was probably one of the reasons I chose to go away from home for college and venture off to new horizons in Europe.
A more recent favorite would have to be Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard. This story about moving to Paris for love hit rather close to home and throughout the book, I found myself nodding along in agreement to a lot of the things she had to say about being an American in this city – which is not always as easy as they make it sound in books and movies. The recipes in the book are definitely a fun addition!
5. What's your idea of a dream holiday?
I am definitely of the vacation = beach or sunshine mindset, but I also like exploring new cities and getting lost walking for hours.
6. Accessory of choice?
Very sparkly things and red nailpolish.
7. Sweet or savoury?
Savory – I’m a sucker for anything salty, zesty, slightly spiced. I’ll often finish my meal on a salty note rather than with dessert.
8. Favourite flower?
I love peonies and tulips the most.
9. Would you rather live in a big house in the middle of nowhere, or a little flat/apartment in a big city?
In the past few years, I’ve definitely learned to love the noise and rhythm of living in a big city – always something to do, somewhere to go. I’ve accepted that living in a big city on a small budget includes some set backs like a small kitchen, limited closet space and crowds. I can see my future going in both directions right now – living in a big country home or living in a lavish city apartment. I’m going to need to make some major lifetime adjustments (read career changes) if I want either of those to happen, but hey, a girl can dream!
10. Winter or summer?
This winter seems to have gone on forever, so I’m going to have to go with summer. Love the weather, love the colors, love the vacation!!
11. Favourite meal of the day?
Lunch is fun because I usually play with new flavors the most – right now my favorites are quinoa and goat cheese salads or the most classic, salmon/cream cheese/avocado rolls from a nearby sushi bar. But dinner is the best because I usually make it myself and can share it with my boyfriend. I love getting home and whipping up something delicious for the both of us to share as we tell each other about our days.
My eleven questions to 11 new bloggers:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is your favorite holiday?
4. What do you want to be when you grow up?
5. How do you like to spend your weekend?
6. Coffee or tea?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. What is your favorite way to personalize an outfit?
9. Which spring/summer trend are you most looking forward to?
10. Which is your favorite room in your house?
11. How would you spend the perfect day off?
And the eleven bloggers I've nominated:
1. Karina of Moda on the rocks
2. Angeline of Style at home, at work, at play
3. Teresa, Cate and Fran of Style by three
4. Valentine of My life with Valentine
5. Morgane of The Blondie Diary
6. Izabela of Fashion is a style of life
7. Jacqueline of The Pretty Little Things
8. Maria Alejandra of Brain Stylist
9. Emma of Emma's Style Guide
10. Mathilda of Top knot and teacups
11. Constance of A French in Los Angeles