Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving for two


I remember being in middle school and reading Oy Joy by Lucy Frank and getting teary-eyed in the part where they go see the balloons be inflated for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was like the personification of the exact feeling of anticipation I feel for that last Thursday of November.
Thanksgiving has always been, for me, one of the best holidays of the year. I love watching the parade in the morning, the smells, the family, the feeling that the holidays are right around the corner ... Although this isn't the first time I spend the holiday far from home, it's definitely the first time I find myself missing the drive home from college and the overall feeling of family that surrounds the day.
Last week, I cooked up a Thanksgiving feast for two, took out my autumn table dressings (not many) and introduced one of my favorite holidays to my boyfriend, making this year's dinner a very Franco-American affair.

... now on to Christmas decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment