Sunday, October 24, 2010

golden


I had never heard the term "golden birthday" until last week when a friend asked me how I felt about finally having mine. Although the term was new to me, I must say, I was really excited to turn 23 on the 23rd and to say I was "golden."
Twenty two was a great year for me - finished school, moved to Paris, got a job and I feel like I've really come into my own as a woman and as a person. This year was really a great one, and I would like to thank my family, loved ones and close friends for always supporting my decisions even if most of the time, they are hard ones - I can already feel that this upcoming twenty-third year will be filled with new adventures and opportunities, and hopefully I can say it was indeed golden at the end of it.
Today, celebrations started off with a pampering session of a home haircut (thanks Grandma) and manicure before dinner with close family and friends. Thanks to everyone, near and far, who made this day so special.

dress: Forever XXI (borrowed); shoes: Nine West; bracelet: made by my sister; nails: Limited Addiction by Essie

No comments:

Post a Comment