Thursday, July 25, 2013

quiet windows - palais royal


For the past few months, I've been walking through the palais royal garden every morning and evening on the way to and from work. It has grown to be one of my absolute favorite places in Paris and one of my favorite moments in the day. I walk through the garden at some of the quietest times of the day - all the shops and restaurants are closed, and sometimes if I'm lucky, I'll see one or two people through the windows getting ready for the next day of visitors.

I love looking through the shop windows, which are almost like cabinets of curiosity for me since I've never walked into any of the stores and most of them are empty when I walk through. 

  



the carefully curated windows of Didier Ludot's are almost like walking by a fashion timeline



how precious is this display case in Miss Bibi's teeny tiny shop? 

The garden itself seems untouched most mornings, save for the brave runners who work out before work - heck if I lived close to such a beautiful garden I might consider it too - and one or two people walking their dogs.





I love this quiet start to my days and feel like I get to the office more refreshed than if I had stayed underground the whole way. The garden has become a sort of oasis for me - a place to escape every day and dream for the whole seven minutes it takes me to waltz through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment