Thursday, August 22, 2013

dressed in yella


(taking advantage of sunlight picture taking for a rooftop drink) 

When I spotted this dress on my last trip to H&M I had mixed feelings staring at its limp figure on the rack. I have a similar elastic waist dress in white that I never wear because it’s kind of big on me. Then I saw it came in XS and thought “what the heck, I don’t have any yellow dresses.” At the register, I was tempted by some colorful chiffon flowers that I thought would look lovely against the bright yellow. It’s been a recurring staple in my summer wardrobe and I’m surprised by its versatility between casual family weekend wear and polished summer office wear.




Flower child  I love these flowers and have incorporated them into a number of my summer looks. I wore this colorful combination to work during the hottest peak in Paris’ heat wave this month. I love the burst of contrasting colors and how adding these flowers and a metallic belt bring a lot to this dress.
shoes: Mango (s/s 2005); belt: Forever XXI; sunnies: YSL




Sunday lunch I packed this dress into my vacation bag, thinking it would be perfect for an afternoon en famille. I paired it with a silk scarf and flats in complementary tones of blue and green for an easy look that transitioned from the patio table to the swimming pool.
scarf: Zara; sandals: BCBG (s/s 2010); bag: Forever XXI 




Primary Upon return to Paris, the last thing I want is to kiss summer goodbye. Luckily, the weather doesn’t look like that will be happening any time soon. I’ve never been one to shy away from color so I was very excited to put together the brightest mix of primaries, maybe in homage to all the people I know who are starting school this week ;)
scarf worn as belt: Forever XXI; shoes: Nine West (s/s 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment